Monday, January 3, 2011

A few bad days....

My last post had been sitting for a while as I got interrupted when writing.... with 4 little ones who could imagine?

Anyway so the last few days have been pretty rough, I have been really struggling with my grief the last few days and its now effecting G and I. Three days ago my Dad and Sister passed away, one month later my fourth child was born and a few months after that I was overcome by Post Part-um Depression. It was an awful time and G struggled with understanding how to deal with it himself. I think he is seeing some of the same things happening again (as do I, only I am scared, he is angry) and he is pulling away.

Today was better, I spent all day yesterday baking.... what I like to call "emotional baking". I made peanut butter cookies, coconut apricot cookies, and an apple coffee cake. I was up until 2am and was awoken but four little loves at 6 but my coffee cake was wonderful!! The baking paid off and I felt much better today. I have collected new recipes and plan to hit Giant Eagle early tomorrow so the kids and I can spend another day baking! Great homeschool lessons, along with great therapy and some wonderful bonding!

Please send any yummy recipes my family thanks you in advance!

Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment