Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Bad News....

My children LOVE dancing, they eat sleep and breath dance. Its actually kinda sad when you think about it, most of their lives have been spent in the dance studio. When we aren't at the studio we are dancing in the kitchen, the grocery store or at church... just about anywhere it strikes them! Anyway two weeks ago we realized that with G's change in job we could no longer pull off the increasing cost of dancing with such passion. We had to make the difficult choice to stop dancing for the year. It was one of the hardest decisions we have ever had to make... but how to tell the kids proved even harder. I was pretty sure I could convince them that winter break lasted at least 4 weeks, and then someone was bound to get sick..(I would fake it if I had to!) This was just something I couldn't imagine doing, having to break their little hearts yet again this year. So we waited, I'm not sure what we were waiting for, but the Lord did. Yesterday we sat down to read our Bible story and without thinking which one we would read I flipped through the book and came upon the story of Abraham being told that God wanted him to leave his home and everything he knew and just trust that God was leading him to something better. During our discussion afterward I heard this little voice inside me saying "Tell them!", I promptly told that voice to SHUT UP!! I didn't want to tell them... but in the end the"voice won out and I told them. It was far less dramatic than I expected and it ended up leaving me feeling very relieved and actually wondering if they were ready for a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment