Saturday, January 29, 2011

Jesus bring the rain!

Feeling lost in the words of 'Bring the rain' tonight. The song talks about how you will take on all that God gives you, if it will bring glory to His name. I am trying to live those words, trying to prove that I am strong enough to really live those words. I want those around me to see it in my actions, to hear it in my words.

This has been a very difficult week for many reasons. My marriage of almost 10 years has come to an end. My integrity has been questioned. My heart is broken, shattered into a million pieces. But still I pray, Jesus bring the rain. I would not be in this place with the support I have here, if the Lord did not intend for it to be. I believe that He is doing work here and it is good. The pain is intense but I am strong. I never wished that my life would turn out this way. I certainly didn't dream of this life when I was a little girl planning my future. But this is the day the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. At least I am trying....

I am thankful for so much today..... For 'bunny' kisses from my children, for a sweet "thanks Mama for being the bestest pancake maker" from my sweet 5 year old, for good friends standing strong beside me, for a mother who truly had God's love shining through her this week, for an Eternal Flame that lies deep in my soul that cannot ever be extinguished but that fuels the desire in me to want to be a better person. In the midst of this storm I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment