Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thankful....

Tonight I am thankful.

Thankful that I have been blessed with five beautiful children.

Thankful that I can still hug 4 of them because that horrible day in May could have ended much worse.

Thankful that I got to hold my angel. She was beautiful and though I missed out on so many experiences with her, I will never forget feeling her grow inside of me, watching her little body dance around on the ultrasound. Sadly I will also never forget the day she left my body already gone from this world. Holding her, feeling her little body getting colder and not being able to warm her. Watching her little lips grow a deeper red with every passing hour. Seeing my children come in with such excitement and sadness ready to say Hello and Goodbye at the same time to the little sister they had waited so anxiously to meet. It was the worst day of my life, but I was thankful.

Thankful that my other 4 children were safe.

Thankful that I had supportive family and friends with me.

Thankful that my Grandmother could be there with me, feeling my pain. My Grandmother experienced two stillbirths and was never allowed to hold her babies, she later told me that holding Hazel helped her heal in some way from these losses.

Thankful that God was there, assuring me that this was the plan that it was not an accident. That Hazel was safe, she was with Him.

Thankful that through the intense pain, I could feel him there.

Thankful that I have so many supportive friends and family to stand by my side, as I walk this long road of grief.

Thankful that through difficult situations God has brought the right people into my life at just the right time.

Thankful that I have children who love God as much as I do and show it to those around them.

Thankful that I have had such a strong faith instilled in me that I can weather this storm and know that God is still good.

Feeling Blessed,
Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment