Saturday, February 12, 2011

14 things I love....

Lately my post have been sad... today not so much! In honor of the holiday I am making a list! I love lists!! I am making a list of 14 things that I love.....

(These are in no particular order, so don't judge if you think I should value number 10 above number 1!!)

#1. A hot cup of coffee!! Specifically a Cafe Mocha! More specifically one shared with a friend.

#2. Thumbprint cookies with jam! These have been my most recent baking obsession, I make them with a shortbread recipe and eat way too many every time!!

#3. Music, I love putting together a new playlist, my most recent includes 'Beautiful' from Mercy Me, 'Hello Sunshine' from Barlow Girl and 'A Room in my Heart' from Faith Hill. I love when a song speaks volumes in just a few verses. I love it even more when I can share that song with a friend who needs to hear those same words.

#4. A good book, any book really. I have contemplated getting a digital reader for a few years but I love the feel of the pages, the smell of a new book.... I am also a compulsive highlighter! I can't read anything without a pen or highlighter... :)

#5. Being pregnant. I love feeling the first flutters of life deep in my womb. I love the secret... being the only one that feels those first movements. I love my belly as it grows. I love the little hiccups, the flips and turns. I would love to feel it all over again so I could savor each moment just a little more, stay awake a little longer to delight in each movement, because you just never know.....

#6. Snuggling with my kids! I am a lucky Mama that I have four little ones that love to cuddle. Judge me if you must, but they all still love to sleep in my bed and I let them! I love to fall asleep to the sound of four individual breathing rhythms. I love the way they cuddle each other, I often say they sleep like puppies all piled on top of one another!

#7. Baking. Recently I have developed a love of baking, I love how I can get into a recipe and just be in the moment. I can concentrate on the measuring and mixing and not worry about the grief, fear, anxiety of life for that 20-30 minutes. I also love that my kids love to bake with me!!

#8. Slow days at home. Ok so in reality we don't have 'slow' days, ever! But we have been home a lot more the last two months and I am enjoying it so much! I love spending our days together letting our interests of the day lead what we study.

#9. Writing. I love the written word, I love to read it and I love to put it on paper myself. I keep a daily journal, a gratitude journal and write here. Plus countless lists scribbled on paper all over my house!!

#10. Spending time outside in the sun! I can't wait for warmer days, yesterday Ivy and I pulled chairs over by the window so we could soak up some much needed sun! I love to play outside with the kids, we are all getting a little stir crazy waiting on spring this year.

#11. Running. I love to run, I don't take nearly enough time to do it. I love that my mind is free to wander or to think of nothing at all. Its one of the few times its just me, doing something for me.

#12. Spending time with friends. I am lucky to have many good friends, friends who have been so supportive throughout the last year. I have felt overwhelmed with the amount of support that has been shown the last few weeks as my world has taken another crazy turn. I am certainly a blessed girl.

#13. To Garden. We started a garden about 3 years ago, we have had so much fun picking out seeds, plotting where they will go in the large area we laid out in the back yard. I love the excitement as the kids check everyday to see what is peeking up out of the ground, I love when things finally start to grow and we watch and wait for the vegetables to be ready for picking... and eating!!

#14. The Lord! This should have been number one!!!! I am so blessed to feel the Lord in my life, sometimes it is hard to see through all the heartache and frustrations but He is there. He is there in all the little joys, I just have to look for it. I have been blessed to come across the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp recently, and in the book she says that if we can just find one joy in a situation that it can change your whole outlook. This has proved to be so true for me the last few weeks, I am lucky to have a friend who reminds me of this everyday and keeps me going when the days don't seem so 'joyful'. I am a blessed girl!


I have so many more and could 'list' them forever but for now there is 14 of my loves!!
~Meagan


No comments:

Post a Comment